When you think about the Maldives, what comes to your mind at first thought? Over the bright blue Indian Ocean, is there a thread of pearls? Or how about the beautiful atolls, sparkling sandy beaches, beautiful lagoons, clear warm waters, and coral reefs full of a wide variety of marine flora and fauna? We can tell you that the Maldives is more than what meets the eye, no matter what.
Moreover, Maldives has a wide range of places to stay, from floating docks and homestays to hotels and resorts. It is an excellent place for newly married couples, families with kids, and more prominent groups to have a once-in-a-lifetime vacation. They can all get a customized itinerary that fits their travel style and tastes. So, take the risk and go to the Maldives to see the mysterious land of the island kingdom for a trip that is both exciting and unique.
One critical factor when going on a vacation is the budget. Everyone looks for pocket-friendly vacations, and the Maldives is a place that is already expensive. Therefore, here are some best budget-friendly beaches to visit in the Maldives.
Best beaches to visit
- Kelaa Beach – Haa Alif Atoll: Kelaa is one of the nice islands of Haa Alif Atoll, and here you can explore enchanting scenic views. The white sandy beaches are one of the island’s main attractions. This place has boutique hotels, and you can easily find a good place to stay. The crystal clear water of the oceans will bring a soothing effect, and your vacation will become memorable.
- Dhigurah Beach – Alif Dhaal Atoll: It’s one of the least populated islands in Alif Dhaal Atoll, and here you can explore the vast white sand beaches. Here, you will find nice hotels, and you can spend a great vacation. This place also brings the opportunity to enjoy great adventures like snorkeling, sandbank picnic, fishing, barbecue, dolphin spotting, etc.
- Fulhadhoo Beach – Baa Atoll: This beach is a nice place where you can explore the lifestyle of the local people. The island is a habitat of about 250 local people, and the common livelihood is fishing. There are the lagoons which form a natural pool where you can play with your family and friends. The shallow water makes it safe for children, and you can thus enjoy the moments.
- Hangnaameedhoo Beach – South Ari Atoll: It’s one of the nice coral beaches, and here you can find boutique hotels and guesthouses to stay in. You can take a 1 hour 20 minutes speedboat ride from Velana International Airport to reach the place. The beach comes up with an exclusive guesthouse, and you can spend a nice vacation here.
- Omadoo Beach – South Ari Atoll: Omadhoo Beach in Southern Ari Atoll is blessed with white sandy beaches, and here you can feel the ultimate serenity. Here, you will explore the amazing marine life, and you can even experience fishing. The beautiful blue waters here make you feel good, and you will love enjoying the ocean view.
- Maafushi Beach – Male’ Atoll: Maafushi is one of the largest and most-visited local islands in the Maldives. South Male Atoll is located around 27 kilometers from the main city of Male. The area is 1270 by 265 meters in size. The island itself has a form that is fairly elongated. There are 2,700 inhabitants on the island. It’s hard to think that so many people can live on such a little piece of land, yet just as on the other islands, you won’t feel overcrowded here.
- Uklhas Beach -Alif Alif Atoll: Ukulhas is a populated island in the Maldives’ North Ari Atoll. The beaches have flawless white sand and a nice entry into the ocean, while damaged reefs are occasionally encountered. Typically, the water is clear and suitable for swimming and snorkeling. On the coast, shrubs predominate over palms. The little bikini beach has sun loungers and parasols. Sand makes up the beach and ocean floor.
- Fulidhoo Beach -Vaavu atoll: The island of Fulidhoo, like the majority of the other islands in the Maldives, is home to stunning beaches that include white sand and clear water. Relax in traditional Maldivian slings or chairs that are fashioned after hammocks, go swimming in the seas with a brilliant turquoise color, and build sandcastles. You also have the option of catching crabs if you want.
- Thoddoo Beach – North Aril Atoll: One of the inhabited islands in the North Ari atoll in the Maldives is called Thoddoo, and it is known as the emerald in the background of golden sand. The airport in Male is 67 kilometers away, while Thoddoo Island is 20 kilometers to the north of Thulusdhoo Island. Thoddoo is a fantastic budget alternative for seeing the Maldives.
- Bodufolhudhoo – North Ari Atoll: Bodufolhudhoo is a little island located in the North Ari Atol, and it is an excellent choice for a vacation in the Maldives that will not break the bank. The stunning island is well-known for the incredible marine life that can be found there, as well as its magnificent house reef, which is perfect for snorkeling.
Whatever happens, one thing is certain. Maldives will never be considered a low-cost Asian vacation spot to check off your bucket list. This breathtakingly beautiful island nation is unquestionably expensive. However, with some preparation and determination, it is possible to visit on a very tight budget. Accommodation, meals, and excursions should all be limited to the nearby islands to save money, as these will account for a significant percentage of the budget.
Choose to remain in the area. You will undoubtedly bring back some wonderful memories as well as a strong desire to return to the beautiful island once more.